Do you know the Advantages and Disadvantages of Cast Iron Drain Pipe?
Aug. 15, 2020
As a Cast Iron Drain Pipe Manufacturer, share with you.
In the medium and low pressure pipe network (usually used below 6MPa), ductile iron pipes have safe and reliable operation, low damage rate, convenient and fast construction and maintenance, and excellent anti-corrosion performance. The newly developed "Rock Shield" series of pipelines can be applied to trenchless construction and are widely used in pipeline construction across rivers, roads, and buildings. The "Sai Zinc" series of pipelines use a special zinc-aluminum alloy outer spraying process, which improves the corrosion resistance of the pipeline several times, and is widely used in the construction of highly corrosive soils.
Generally not used in high pressure pipe network (above 6MPa). Since the pipe body is relatively heavy, machinery must be used for installation. If there is water leakage after the pressure test, all the pipes must be dug out, the pipes must be hoisted to a height that can be put into the clamp, and the clamp is installed to prevent the leakage.
Cast Iron Drain Pipe
1. Trench excavation
The width of the groove bottom should be calculated as follows: B=D1+2(b1+b2)
Where: B—the width of excavation at the bottom of the pipeline trench (mm) D1—the width of the outer edge of the pipeline structure (mm) b1—the width of the working surface on one side of the pipeline (mm) b2—the width of the support on one side of the pipeline (mm)
2. Groove support
According to the trench soil quality, groundwater, slotted section, load conditions and other factors, the design is required to be firm and reliable, to prevent collapse, and the support must not hinder the down tube and the stable tube.
3. Buttresses should be provided at the turning point of the T-shaped joint pipeline in the vertical or horizontal direction. The size of buttress should be determined by calculation based on factors such as pipe diameter, rotation angle, and working pressure.
4. When transporting drinking water, the pipeline should not pass through the poisonous polluted area. If it must pass, protective measures should be taken.
5. All the ductile iron pipelines connected by sockets must be provided with buttresses after calculation. Refer to the National Building Standard Design Atlas 03SS505 "Flexible Joint Water Supply Pipeline Buttress".
6. The outer anti-corrosion coating of ductile iron pipes should be galvanized and epoxy asphalt coatings or coatings with higher requirements according to the soil conditions of the pipe application site.
7. After the pipeline is installed and the pressure test is qualified, it should be rinsed with low-chloride water and disinfected with 0.03% potassium permanganate aqueous solution.
It is suitable for domestic and external drainage pipes of socket type and clamp type connection of gray cast iron pipes and supporting pipe fittings with internal and external pipe diameters of DN50mm~DN300mm and internal pressure not greater than 0.3MPa in new construction, expansion and reconstruction of civil and industrial buildings , Rain water pipes, non-corrosive industrial production wastewater pipes and rain down pipes.
Our company has Cast Iron Drain Pipe on sale, welcome to contact us.