Cast Iron Manhole Covers the Correct Way to Remove Rust?
Feb. 22, 2021
What are the rust removal methods for ductile iron manhole covers? Let Cast
Iron Manhole Covers Manufacturer introduce you to :
Generally speaking, ductile iron manhole covers rarely rust, but once this phenomenon occurs, we need to remove rust. Then how to remove rust? This article will briefly explain for everyone.
Cast Iron Manhole Covers
At present, there are two methods of rust removal for ductile iron manhole covers, one is projectile rust removal, and the other is spray rust removal. There is a gap between the two. The so-called projectile rust removal mainly uses shot blasting machines to rotate at high speed The impeller blades disperse the abrasive to the surface of the ductile iron manhole cover, and use the collision to remove the rust and stains on the surface.
The spray rust removal is to spray the abrasive material from the nozzle at high speed by compressed air after oil-water separation treatment, and use pressure to collide the abrasive powder with the surface of the ductile iron manhole cover to remove rust. The correct method of removing rust for ductile iron manhole covers will be explained briefly for everyone. When we encounter this situation, we can choose one of the above two methods.
1. Compared with cast iron, nodular cast iron has an absolute advantage in strength. The tensile strength of ductile cast iron is 60k, while the tensile strength of cast iron is only 31k.
2. The yield strength of ductile cast iron is 40k, while the cast iron does not show the yield strength, and eventually fractures.
The strength-to-cost ratio of ductile iron is much better than that of cast iron. ,
3. The strength of ductile cast iron is comparable to that of cast steel. Nodular cast iron has a higher yield strength, with a minimum yield strength of 40k, while the yield strength of cast steel is only 36k.
In most municipal applications, such as water, salt water, steam, etc., the corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance of ductile iron exceed those of cast steel.
4. Due to the nodular graphite microstructure of ductile iron, ductile iron is better than cast steel in terms of reducing vibration ability, so it is more conducive to reducing stress.
An important reason for choosing ductile iron is that ductile iron is less expensive than cast steel. The low cost of maintenance work for cast iron manhole covers makes this material more popular, higher casting efficiency, and less machining costs for ductile iron.
5. The low carbon content in cast steel prevents the carbon existing as free graphite from forming structural flakes. The natural form of carbon in cast iron is in the form of free graphite flakes.
6. After the pressure-loading parts of ductile cast iron are processed by the process of ferritizing annealing cycle, the spherical structure inside the ductile cast iron can also eliminate the cracking phenomenon that the flake graphite inside the cast iron is easy to produce.
Our company also has Cast Iron Manhole Covers on sale, welcome to contact us.